[contact-form-7 id=”1154″ title=”Membership Application” html_class=”onlinemembership”]
- Workshops on topics such as Signing, Behavior, Registered Disability Savings Plans, Wills and Estate planning, Toilet training and Transition planning, see the website for details
- Ongoing programs such as Speech, Reading and Math, Music Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Bike Camp, Sexuality & Relationship classes, Adult Connections, and Other; see the website for details.
- Certified Counselor (RCC / CCC) see website for complete details
- Parent support groups operating in Burnaby, Langley, Surrey and Vancouver, stay tuned for future networking groups outside of the lower mainland.
- Family Fun Days which are planned community or educational events in the lower mainland that exposes families to activities they may not normally have access to. The activities are meant to support the family unit, to share in a positive experience and be part of a larger group.
- Ongoing support of the Youth group and Adults Connect group
- Host a T21 Awareness Walk to celebrate Down Syndrome Awareness Week
- Promote Down Syndrome Awareness Week
- Summer camp opportunities
- School presentations and IEP meetings with parents and educators to help set up programs for students
- Presentations to other Societies and public awareness events to promote education and awareness
- Provide information and resources for local college and university students (medical, dental, and healthcare) to help students understand the medical issue faced by families and individuals
- Provide information and support to educators so they can incorporate proven learning tools in their classrooms
- Help to support families immigrating to Canada
- Help to support families in crisis to get services required
- Support families with subsides to be able to take part in LMDSS programs or other community programs that would benefit individuals with down syndrome
- Outreach team, which is a group of trained parents, who visit and support families at home and in hospital
- Our Web site as a source of information and resources
- A Library of books, movies and music as well as other learning resources which we loan to members
- Distribution of new-parent packages to families or to hospitals
- Monthly newsletter to inform and educate members
- Affiliated with Canadian Down Syndrome Society
- Work in cooperation with over 52 worldwide organizations relating to Down Syndrome
If you do not live in the lower mainland, and you wonder what the benefits of membership are to you and your family, consider the support, direction or information we provide to you individually. As well as, access to our extensive library with Down Syndrome specific information. If you visit the lower mainland we would love to see you at our events!