We Believe in Opportunities !
Our members believe that individuals with Down Syndrome are capable of full participation in society and should be given the opportunity to develop their potential.
To make this mission come to life, the Lower Mainland Down Syndrome Society aims to:
- Provide information, support, and resources to individuals with Down Syndrome in BC and their families
- Provide information about Down Syndrome and resources to people and organizations who support individuals with Down Syndrome and their families
- Advocate that governments and appropriate agencies provide the special resources often needed by individuals with Down Syndrome and their families
JOIN US TO HELP
- Lobby for appropriate educational, vocational, and social opportunities
- Support families
- Increase public awareness
- Network with other organizations and individuals